So you’re all basically my Valentines, so could you do me a favor and go follow my main bloggggggg? Luh U.
Valentine’s Day is coming this week, so it’s best to be prepared with a lovey dovey playlist all your own. I’m riding solo this V-Day, but that doesn’t mean I have to overhear grumps discussing cold, damp fashion week on the train. Love songs are totally written for single people! So headphones in, everyone, here’s a short list of songs that absolutely must occupy your L-O-V-E for your Lonely Heart Playlist:
- We Both Go Down Together, The Decemberists
- Wouldn’t it Be Nice, The Beach Boys
- Brand New Colony, The Postal Service
- At Last, Etta James
- Gotta Have You, The Weepies
- Somebody to Love, Queen
- Come Away With Me, Norah Jones
- I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing, Aerosmith
- For the Longest Time, Billy Joel
- Us, Regina Spektor
- Chicago, Sufjan Stevens
- Let’s Never Stop Falling in Love, Pink Martini
- On the Wing, Owl City
- Ribbon in the Sky, Stevie Wonder
- Burnin Love, Elvis
- Let your Love Grow Tall, Passion Pit
- I Just Wanna Be Your Everything, Andy Gibb
- If I Had a Million Dollars, Barenaked Ladies
- Brighter than Sunshine, Aqualung
- Your Song, Elton John
- Gimme Some, Nina Simone
- As Long as You Love Me, Backstreet Boys
What are your favorite lovey-dovey songs? Comment below :D
Looks like I can answer some of my cover requestsssss.
1. ASTONISHMENT Wow! What the heck is this?!?! More than likely, your first run in with Psy and his gang of hot girls, cute dance-y kids, and underwhelmed horses was via YouTube. Someone (or several million someones) posted it on their Facebook timelines and you decided to give it a go. Though you don’t know what the hell he’s saying or even why there’s a shot of him on a toilet seat, you do know that this is catchy and adorable, and you have to give it a whirl.
2. OVERWHELM. Huh…Everyone is into this now? It’s like Napoleon Dynamite all over again! From Ellen Degeneres and Britney Spears to The Cast of SNL to the Today Show to Daily Grace, everyone is doing that effing dance now. You can’t get away from it. What started as a viral video is now taking over the radio and tv airwaves, and you are starting to regret purchasing it on iTunes and subsequently adding it to all of your playslists, lest it come up on shuffle. You know it’s gotten too big when people are getting it tattooed on their bodies and soccer moms can sing the Korean bits in addition to the chorus.
3.DENIAL. I never liked this. I had a momentary lapse in judgement and was drunk and didn’t know it would be this way. But that’s not true, is it Jimmy? No, you loved Gangnam Style, but it is so mainstream that hipsters won’t even recognize it as music. You can pretend you were against it from the beginning, but we all know you galloped on an imaginary pony in your bathroom mirror more than once…
4. HEYYYY SEXY LADYYYY! - A REPRISAL. Enough time has now passed that it is acceptable to like this song again. You reluctantly accept that this song is here to stay and that people are going to bring it up in conversation. You even watch some of the hilarious parodies online because it is no longer grating on your nerves.
5. TRANSCENDENCE. Gangnam Style came to us like manna from heaven, and while it was filling for a while, it is no longer needed. Much like the Spice Girls’ short visit to earth from their own Spice World, a short stay was all we needed to learn the lessons we needed to learn. I’m not entirely sure what those lessons were, mostly because I don’t speak any language fluently aside from English, but that’s neither here nor there. We are all aiming for this stage. To wave goodbye to Psy and his prancing horse dance, and to await the next overnight musical phenomenon.
So I got tagged in this lovely meme by lostcause2390 so I’m going to answer her questions and then tag 11 people in their ask boxes:
What is the meaning behind your url? No meaning here. I honestly just loved the word disenchanted, and the word dystopia, but I felt like the “double dis” would be off-putting so I settled for enchanted. In my mind, it kind of symbolizes working at Disney World.
What is the first thing you think about when you wake up? How I’m going to be so effing late again, and how I have to wait until the clock reaches some even digit to emerge from my cinnamon-roll-esque cocoon of blankets.
Who is your closest friend and why? That’s hard to say. There are people I’m close with, and then there are people I have drifted from who will always be like family to me.
What is one thing you can’t go through the day without? Checking my email. I check it constantly because it’s constantly updating with youtube comments, subscribers, twitter stuff, etc.,
Do you have any tattoos? How many, where, and why did you get it/them? I don’t! I’m a wuss and I don’t like pain and I’m indecisive. I would regret anything I would get because I make bad choices. I prefer to just oggle other peoples’ awesome ink.
What is your favorite food? Grilled Cheese. Omg, I always can go for a grilled cheese, even though I’m avoiding gluten like the dickens and I’m trying to get in shape for summer.
What makes you happy? Hope.
What makes you sad? Expectation.
Explain what love is to you. I think love is an unconditional form of magic that renders its captives blind/deaf/willfully accepting of another’s faults because they see the unlimited potential for good. I think it’s the most beautiful thing in existence when it is real, and one of the ugliest things when it is faked.
What do you want to do with your life? what are your goals? So so much. My goals are overwhelming. Short-term: I want to move to NYC, live among cool people, do a
boring regular marketing day job and take improv and stand up comedy courses at night. I want to implement all of the things I learn in my youtube videos and eventually sustain myself solely from my youtube channel. After that, I’d like to be the first Black female anchor on Weekend Update on SNL. Waaaaay after that I want to travel and live far too much.
What is your favorite song? It changes all the time. I have a favorite song for every emotion.
But I posted about that Gotye song, “Somebody that I Used to Know” in October. Like…early October.
And nobody cared.
And now it’s everywhere. Y’all need to trust me sometimes, okay?